Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Chickpea Tacos

This is, by far, the easiest meal I have ever made. The boys LOVED them! It literally took me 5 min. to prepare this meal- that's a winner! Oh, and I tripled the recipe for a family of 5. We had enough leftover for two more tacos.

1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
1 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (I used dry and soaked and boiled them myself)
3 tbsp. chopped cilantro
4 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
corn taco shells
2 cups baby salad greens
1 c. salsa
1/2 c. non-dairy sour cream

1. Place avocado in small bowl, and mash with fork. Stir in chickpeas, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
2. Set taco shells in napkin-lined basket. Place salad greens, salsa, and sour cream in seperate bowls, and set out alongside chickpea-avocado mash.
3. To serve, let each person build their own taco by filling each shell with 1/4 c. chickpea-avocado mash, some greens, salsa, and sour cream.

No comments: