Monday, January 08, 2007

Finished week 1

Well, that week went by fast! I'm getting pretty used to this vegan thing. I have dropped three pounds so that is definitely a side benefit. My face is completely clear so I now know that it possibly had more to do with the high fat in my diet than it did the coffee. Time will tell if my face stays clear or not.

Kevin gave up for a day and then went right back to vegan. Don't know if he will make it through the rest of the month or not. He finds it very easy to do at home, where there is lots of available vegan food, but not so easy to do when he is with friends. I'm feeling better and shedding these last ten lbs is worth it for me and makes me not miss the dairy as much. I am missing the butter on my toast in the morning more than anything else. I feel so much "lighter" and am eating much less bulk and feeling so much more satisfied all the time. Pretty much everything I put in my mouth has nutritional value, which is probably why I feel so satisfied. I am not eating "empty calories".

Had homemade guacomole and salsa tonight, mmmmmmmm! I joined a couple vegan lists on yahoo groups and hope to pull some new recipes off of them tomorrow. I tend to get stuck in a rut with the same ol' recipes and need to spice it up a bit.

No comments: